The material from which a lens is made has little impact on the corrective power, but it might have a big impact on lifestyle
- Blue 420
- NuPolar - Infinite Grey
- NuPolar - Mirror
- Solis II
- Transitions GEN8
- Transitions Signature VII
- Transitions XTRActive
Double protection effect with BLUE420
- BLUE420 protects your eyes from harmful blue light and dangerous UV rays
- BLUE420 hold on about 95% of harmful blue light spectrum (HEV – high energy visible) until 420 nm
- BLUE420 blocks 100% of UV rays (till 400nm)
- This is a smart product, which transmits even 85% of useful blue lightening
- Even blocking the UV rays BLUE420 lenses do not distort the colors and it looks
The impact of Blue light (HEV) is extremely harmful to us and can affect the retina or to provoke the development of yellow macular degeneration.
Negative impact of blue light:
- Head aches
- Impacts eye health
- Disrupted sleeping quality
- Higher risk to get sick: diabetes, obesity or heart diseases
Positive effect of blue light:
- Lifts mood
- Improves memory and vigilance functions
- Adjusts natural sleep and lift cycles
- Reduces symptoms of emotional fractures (seasonal depression)
This product is exceptional in such type of lenses, because the defense from blue light is on whole surface of the lens, not only on coating. Therefore, using that kind of material BOD LENSES Lab prepares the lenses according individual clients‘ recipe, frames‘ data and individual biometric parameters.
Our Lab produces BLUE420 for everyone and for very sophisticated recipe.
BOD LENSES Lab produces monofocal, bifocal and multifocal lenses BLUE420.
Indeces: 1.50; 1.60 and 1.67.
Blocking Blinding Glare
Polarised lenses are manufactured using the most advanced production technology. They contain an internal polarising film that eliminates glare and provides non-stop protection from UV rays. These lenses increase contrast, significantly enhancing visual clarity.
• Blocks glare
• Creates a contrasted, clear view
• Allows comfort and safety when driving or participating in outdoor activity
• 100% protection from reflections and UV rays
• Recommended for children whose eyes are especially sensitive to glare and UV rays
What is a Polarized Lens?
Polarized lenses contain millions of parallel rows of tiny iodine crystals or dichroic dyes (so small they can’t be seen with the naked eye) that act in a manner similar to venetian blinds. Like venetian blinds, the horizontal rows of iodine crystals contained within the polarized lens block out horizontal polarized light waves, letting only (non-polarized) vertical light waves reach the eye. This results in comfortable vision with no glare, and is the reason why only a polarized lens can block glare.
The difference in light sensitivity, life style and prescription of various users often determines the choice of sunwear lenses or, in some cases, lead to decision not to use sunwear at all.
The most common complaint from ophthalmic lens users is that their lenses are either too light or too dark typically at the wrong times. The users of corrective eyewear have radically different approach to sunglasses than people without eye correction requirement. The lens adaptability and performance is much more important for Rx patients. They do not have an option to simply remove the sunglasses when lighting conditions change. They can only replace one pair of corrective eyewear with another.
That is why it is extremely important to offer them the lens which will be comfortable for most of Rx patients in most of the situation. lIntroducing Nupolar Infinite Grey – the most versatile Rx sunlens. It combines polarization technology with photochromic and offers the widest available today range of light transmittance characteristics.
Nupolar Infinite Grey can be the lightest or the darkest(2) polarized lenses in the same pair of eyewear depending on the light conditions while maintaining consistent 99% polarization efficiency and blocking virtually all blinding glare. The unique photochromic technology allows Nupolar Infinite Grey to change its light handling properties extremely fast providing the required amount of light in every day time situation.
Lightest state – 40% Transmittance (1)
Darkest State – 9% Transmittance (2) (3)
1. Transmittance data is measured for AR coated finished lenses.
2. The lowest permissible by standard light Transmittance Is 8%.
3. Transmittance and speed of change may vary depending on the temperature.
The declared values are measured at 24° C.
See yourself in a mirror
Polarized lens lovers can now up their style game: NuPolar is available with new mirror coating.
Wearers get an on-trend look with the same quality NuPolar polarized lens experience: vision is vibrant, colours pure, vision precise. The polarization blocks glare delivering ultimate comfort, even when the sun is brightest.
NuPolar Mirror has fast turnaround, so wearers can be sporting their new stylish look in no time!
NuPolar Mirror is available in 1.50 hard resin material
NuPolar Mirror Colours
- Dark grey polarized NuPolar lens with silver mirror coat
- Dark grey polarized NuPolar lens with blue mirror coat
- Brown polarized NuPolar lens with gold mirror coat
Enjoy clear and bright view
Superior comfort for active leisure
- Greater visual clarity, for safer driving
- Glare reduction
- Greater visual comfort for a reduced eyestrain after the exposure to the sunlight
- Polaro lenses restore natural colors of the environment by removing the reflections
- Full protection from UVA/ UVB rays
Well-balanced photochromic lenses for an affordable price
Solis II lenses have 2 years guarantee.
- Photochromic lenses that can quickly adapt to variations in intensity of
daylight and UV rays by changing color
- Exceptional clarity indoors
- Within 1 minute lens darken to 67%
- Within 5 minutes, lens transparency returns to 70%
- Maximum outdoor tinting up to 78%
- Protect eyes from harmful UV rays
- Solis II darkens a little less than other premium photochromic lenses
- Indexes: 1.50; 1.60; 1.67
- Colors: brown and grey
New generation of lenses equipped with GEN 8 breakthrough technology is for you!
Always pushing boundaries, Transitions challenged its research team to develop a light intelligent photochromic lens that was darker outdoors, clear indoors, with improved reaction and fade back speeds, all without compromising on protection and quality.
The result of years of research and in-depth scientific studies, Transitions® Signature® GEN 8™ is the first light intelligent photochromic lens with a revolutionary nano-composite technology that pushes photochromic performance and offers optimum vision, comfort and protection all day long.
Transitions Signature GEN 8 lenses are the result of a five-year unprecedented effort by our entire Transitions Optical organization to deliver the optimum light intelligent lens for patients.
- After extensive research, we learned patients don’t want one single dimension of performance (e.g. speed, darkness, etc.)—they want it all.
- Transitions Signature GEN 8 lenses are unique in that they combine a disruptive nanocomposite matrix and a new generation of ultra-agile photochromic dyes for improved performance without sacrificing any one dimension of performance.
- By creating hard and soft spaces the dyes can easily seek the softer environments in the matrix allowing them increased mobility and resulting in lenses that activate and fadeback fast without sacrificing darkness or durability.
- 9/10 clear and photochromic lens wearers who try Transitions Signature GEN 8 lenses are satisfied
- Using a multi-dimensional approach to compare vs. other photochromic solutions allowed us to anchor the results in patient’s expectations for the best overall performance with the result that Transitions Signature GEN 8 lenses out performed the entire field—including the previous leader—Transitions Signature VII lenses.
Transitions Signature VII
„Transitions Signature VII” – is a line of photochromic lenses that change colour dependent on the intensity of light and UV radiation. The lenses adapt to the changing lighting conditions and assume an appropriate shade of colour – remaining transparent inside, and growing dimmer outside, thereby partly eliminating the need for sunglasses. Transitions Signature VII change their colour shade due to contact with not only bright, but also indirect light, such as various reflections off the surface of buildings, cars, etc.
The key characteristics:
- Dimming begins in seconds after direct contact with UV radiation and takes about 30s.
- Have a base colour of about 5%.
- Very quick brightening, which takes a few seconds to several minutes.
- Maximum level of dimness ~86-90%.
- Level of light transmission up to 95% for brown lenses, and 94% for grey lenses.
- 100% protection from harmful UVA and UVB radiation.
- Protects from the effects of harmful reflections and reduces eye strain and tension.
- Sufficiently transparent and perfectly suitable for any type of activity, including driving after dark.
(To make driving even more enjoyable, you may cover the lenses with an anti-reflective coating).
- Suitable for children whose eyes are particularly sensitive to the effects of ultraviolet radiation.
* Lens parameters are based on studies conducted at a temperature of 23°C. Study results (the speed of dimming/brightening and the percentage of dimness) may vary depending on temperature, climate zone, air conditions, intensity of UV radiation, and other relevant factors.
„Transitions XTRActive” is a line of photochromic lenses made with the help of
cutting-edge technologies, manufactured using a special dye formula, which allows
the lenses to change colour without any direct contact with UV radiation. „Transitions
XTRActive” grow dimmer even as you sit in your car! These are lenses capable of
providing your eyes with extra protection from sunlight both inside and outside of
your car. Even though „Transitions XTRActive” remain fairly transparent inside, your
eyesremain protected from bright light and the harmful UV radiation emitted by
digital devices, which may cause tiredness and tension.
The key characteristics of Transition XTRActive:
- An excellent choice for drivers – lenses grow dimmer as you sit in your car!
- The colour intensity of Transitions XTRActive lenses depends on a variety of external factors, such as air
temperature, complexity of dioptres, the composition of the windshield, and the sitting position of the driver
- Once in the car, the lenses dim by up to 53%
- The dimming process takes around 30s
- A base colour shade of about 8% prevents eye strain caused by artificial light
- Outside, the lenses dim by up to 90%, thereby nearly eliminating the need for sunglasses
- The process of brightening takes up to several minutes
- 100% protection from harmful UVA and UVB radiation
- Transitions XTRActive lenses are 17% dimmer than Transitions Signature VII lenses (at a temperature of 90°F/32°C)
* Lens parameters are based on studies conducted at a temperature of 23°C. Study results (the speed of dimming/brightening, and
the percentage of dimness) may vary depending on temperature, climate zone, air conditions, intensity of UV radiation, and other
Exceptionally strong, clear and durable
material with high-index features
- Exceptionally low weight 1.23 g/cm3, excellent high-index lenses
- Tribrid is easy to frame, drill and install. The material yields to easy drilling with less chipping and splintering compared to polycarbonate and other index 1.60 and 1.67 lenses
- Tribrid material withstands 294 in/lbf pressure (Gardner Impact Test)
- Tribrid material complies with ISO 12870 standard, which defines the standards, requirements, and testing methods for ophthalmological lenses and eyeglass frames
Who should use Tribrid?
- Those who want aesthetically pleasing, exceptionally thin, and transparent lenses in their eyeglasses
- Those who currently wear eyeglasses with lenses made of polycarbonate
- Those who wear index 1.67 and 1.74 lenses, and whose prescription is not liable to extremities
- Guaranteed clarity for each prescription
- Strong, safe, and durable material
- Thin, lightweight material for improved comfort and aesthetics
- Designed for everyone: for children, seniors, people who lead an active lifestyle,
and those who wear glasses with screw frames
A novel material with the following features: durability, lightness and excellent optic features
- Viewing brightness and contrast, deviation-free viewing. There is
no chromatic aberration (complaints about lack of viewing
brightness at the edges of the lens)
- Particularly light optic material. An ideal choice for kids’ eyeglasses,
due to the not fully developed upper nose in kids,
whereas the active growth of facial skeleton continues until the age
- Impact resistance of Trivex lenses is 62 times greater than that
of regular plastic lenses (in accordance with Gardner Impact Test).
- The particular impact resistance of Trivex lenses makes it an
ideal option for sports glasses and kids’ eyeglasses.
- Trivex material lenses ensure 100% protection from UVA and UVB
rays (up to 394 nm)
Who is this material for?
- Athletes of any field of sports
- Elderly people who frequently lose or drop their eyeglasses
Bod ’19 Catalogue
Please select your desired language and choose between downloading or reading it online.
Join our list
Want to hear about our latest updates & offers? Well, that’s easy! Input your e-mail below and click subscribe.